Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Salary: £57, 500 to £72, 500
Location: Home based
Urgent Interviewing Now!
Our client is seeking Senior Java Developers to join this expanding Team and Fun Company. We are looking for very strong Senior Java Software Engineer with a background in Java 8 & 11 to design and develop with a team, highly intelligent SaaS products for the Security industry and Government Departments and any business where Risk Management is critical.
You will be working in Agile in a remote Development Team and experience with tooling such as Maven, Git and a modern IDE such IntelliJ IDEA would be useful.
You will be working towards a fully blown CI/CD automated pipeline, essential experience includes the design and implementation of unit tests using libraries such as JUnit.
Working in Agile, you will be expected to participate in all aspects of our Sprint activities, including daily stand-ups and retrospectives. They also require experience in API services using both REST and SOAP, so experience working with XML and JSON is essential.
Any experience in non-mainstream technologies such as Apache Kafka, ArangoDB Document and Graph databases, Docker Swarm/Kunernetes and JBoss Thorntail, or any exposure with these technologies would be welcome as would any knowledge of Java Enterprise Edition.
Any experience in FINTECH, Security software, anti-theft, fraud or Home office, Government Department, Insurance, legal technologies, AI etc. would be ideal
As part of the engineering department, you will be given the coaching and mentoring to grow your skills, and the support to help bring new products to market.
You will be report directly to the CTO and Lead Development Engineer and be instrumental in further developing our products for key market players.
Main Responsibilities of the Position:
Contribute to the development and delivery of the client’s product roadmap.
BSc /BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field.
Essential Experience inclusive of the following:
- 5-8+ years plus experience in core Java, with experience at language level 8/11
- Interest and Experience in Unit and Systems testing using JUnit
- Experience in Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) to include JAX-RS2 and Servlets
- Working at the command line level in Mac OSX or Linux
- SCM systems such as Git or Subversion
- Experience with both SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2 etc) and NoSQL databases (ideally ArangoDB)
- Experience designing and developing container based Microservice based architectures using Docker including Swarm Mode or Kubernetes
- Working within a DevOps culture to encompass the complete application lifecycle from design, inception, development, deployment and support.
- Use of public cloud providers such as AWS as a target environment
- CI/CD pipleline tooling such as Jenkins or GoCD
- Experience with JSF2 and preferably Primefaces for server side driven web based applications
- JBoss and/or Wildfly Swarm (Thorntail)
- Graph Databases (ArangoDB, Neo4J, OrientDB)
- Apache Kafka
- Experience with JSF2 and preferably Primefaces for server side driven web based applications eSQL
The ideal Senior Developer will have excellent English, written and spoken for client communication and a good understanding of customer behaviour. You will have excellent problem analysis and solving skills and be a good team player.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this company at an exciting time as a Senior Java Developer. Please send your CV to email@example.com