Based: UK, Glasgow (Hybrid 2 days per week in the office)
£45K plus bonus and excellent benefits package
URGENT – INTERVIEWING NOW
This fast-growth Global Consulting Practice has an immediate need for an Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer to join the cloud operations and delivery team based out of the UK and help make a difference in the shaping of Clients Cloud Transformation projects & the Networking Infrastructure of on-premise and Cloud AWS, OCI, Google Cloud, GCP and Azure for Data management and Enterprise Project delivery etc. This will be a mix of Projects and support with the Delivery Teams and Architects to provide solutions across cloud platforms and robust secure networks. You will work for major Organisations where Security.
Clearance is needed so you will need to be a British Citizen or be able to be Security Cleared fairly quickly.
This role could suit somebody with 18 months strong Linux experience with a strong interest to move in to a cloud environment.
In addition to intermediate infrastructure and basic cloud experience we are seeking Engineers looking to develop further expertise in cloud and hosting automation etc. Also be a strong self-starter able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
Duties/Responsibilities will include:
- The role will be split between production support and delivery with the team and some 2nd/3rd line support. Mostly project work and delivery:
- 80% 2nd and 3rd level production support of Linux and Windows based cloud hosted enterprise Application platforms across the OCI, AWS, GCP and Azure cloud platforms.
- Work closely with the rest of the operations team in managing medium to large scale cloud environments.
- 20% project delivery of new client projects. The project delivery part of the role involves working with the delivery team engineers, Database Experts and architects in taking projects from presales stage through delivery to handover into production.
- The role will involve a degree of autonomy, and it is expected the individual will take ownership of problems and solutions whilst working collaboratively with the rest of the engineering team.
- Technically, you will provide support and engineering across cloud platforms, networking as well as Linux and Windows ecosystems, with an emphasis on developing and utilising scripting and automation skills.
Ideal Profile & Systems Skills Requirements
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, ideally with cloud exposure.
- Robust experience with Linux distributions (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Debian, Ubuntu etc.).
- Intermediate working experience with Windows O/S platform and Active Directory.
- Networking skills covering DNS, VPNs, WANs, LANs, switching, load balancers and firewalls in on premise and cloud environments.
- Systems monitoring with vendor provided and open-source monitoring platforms.
- Exposure to system automation through tools like: Linux shell, Bash, Perl, Python.
- Windows scripting using PowerShell, VBS, VBA.
- Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Exposure to virtualization platforms, such as: VMware, XEN, OVM/KVM.
- Basic understanding of version control, preferably Git & BitBucket, would be advantageous.
Cloud Skills Requirements
- Exposure to (or a great interest in learning) one or more cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP or Oracle OCI clouds.
- Understanding of cloud concepts including virtual networking, IaaS services, PaaS services.
- Management of cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
Nice to have Skills:
- Optional exposure to Oracle database, SQL Server and or Postgres/MySQL.
- Awareness of application middleware technologies such as Tomcat, Jboss.
- Exposure to Oracle engineered systems including Exadata, ODA and ZFS.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Education: BE or B.Tech or any other related professional degree preferred.
- Any cloud-based certifications – AWS, OCI, GCP, Azure – are desirable.
A fantastic opportunity for a progressive career move to learn so much and help to make a difference. Contact us now and join this exciting Innovative Global Team – email: email@example.com