Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Based: UK – remote – home working
Salary: £60K – £65K basic plus bonus and benefit package
URGENT – INTERVIEWING NOW
An exceptional career move & exciting challenge to join this fast-growth Global Consulting Practice and help make a difference in the shaping of Clients Cloud Transformation projects & the Networking Infrastructure of on-premise and Cloud AWS, OCI, Google Cloud, GCP and Azure for Data management and Enterprise Project delivery etc. This will be a mix of Projects and support with the Delivery Teams and Architects to provide solutions across cloud platforms and robust secure networks for major Organisations where Security Clearance is needed so you will need to be British Citizen or be able to be Security Cleared fairly quickly.
Key responsibilities involve:
Work closely with the Delivery teams and architects, DBAs and other Engineers to take Projects from SOW Presales stage through to delivery and handover to managed services support for virtualisation platforms such as VMWare, XEN, OVM/KVM etc.
- Excellent track record of leading technical needs for delivery of the Network and Infrastructure for Cloud with Team and Support with the Service Delivery Team.
- Excellent relevant experience with Cloud migrations and Infrastructure as a Service etc. IaaS, PaaS along with the networking requirements with Linux support skills and “hands on” scripting skills such as Shell, Bash, Perl, Python etc.
- Security Cleared or can be processed fairly quickly. Working with the Government departments, Financial Services etc.
- Good experience with working with DBA’s running in one of the following public clouds – Oracle OCI, AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in dealing with customers and discussing Cloud concepts and build etc. such as Technical Cloud Engineer or Account Manager or Senior Engineer or solutions architect.
- An understanding of methods and tooling for assessing cloud readiness.
- Systems Automation experience like Ansible or similar.
- Networking expertise in a range covering: DNS, VPNs, WAN & LAN, switching, load balancing and firewalls for both Cloud and on-premise.
- Ability to present complex concepts clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Enthusiasm for hands on learning and a desire to understand new technologies and solving business problems.
- An understanding of application development/deployment concepts and tools that enable successful Cloud transformation and organizational acceptance.
- Experience with technologies that automate infrastructure and software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment, such as Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Good Understanding of version control, pref. GIT & BitBucket.
- Any Experience with SQL, Oracle Engineered Systems, such as Exadata, ODA, ZFS Appliance.
- Experience with BI & Analytics solutions such as Oracle Analytics Cloud and OBIEE.
- Working in Agile or Scaled Agile could be useful.
Help to make a difference now and join this exciting Innovative Global Team now – email: