Cloud Services DBA
Based: UK Remote
URGENT – INTERVIEWING NOW
This fast-growth Global Consulting Practice are looking to grow their established expert Oracle DBA team and are seeking a Cloud Services DBA. We are looking for a self-motivated, DBA with a disciplined approach to their work and excellent communication skills. The ideal DBA should be driven and eager to expand their knowledge. They should be able to drive their own skills development through personal learning activities alongside partner provided training and working alongside Senior members of the team.
- The DBA will be a member of a global consulting team, playing a key role in enterprise database architecture projects, including Oracle database builds, upgrades, migrations, support, performance tuning.
- The position involves a mixture of project delivery and support activities. The individual filling this position is expected to provide support incident ownership, resolution of database related issues, maintenance activities, patching, tuning etc.
- You should have a minimum of 2 years industry experience with at least 1 being in an Oracle Database support role.
- You will be expected to have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable with direct customer interaction.
- Deliver within agreed timelines, managing and completing projects and support activities within customer expectations SLAs, while proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Be able to conduct changes on enterprise production systems with minimal supervision.
- Be able to contribute to database migrations (including Cross Platform Migrations), tuning, operationalization, and support efforts for Oracle database enterprise environments.
- Perform database maintenance and optimizations tasks such as index usage analysis, index management, statistics, partition management, data compression, etc.
- Carry out performance tuning and optimization, using monitoring and troubleshooting tools including Oracle Enterprise Manager, RDA, Orachk etc.
- Implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using OEM and custom scripts.
Ideal Profile, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of IT Industry experience
- 1+ years of Core Oracle DBA experience
- Previous support/consulting experience preferred
- BS degree in Computing or other related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of Oracle Engineered Systems administration, including Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), ZFS Storage Appliance
- Knowledge of cross platform replication, e.g. GoldenGate
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, including OCI, AWS Azure and GCP
- Knowledge of other databases, including MS SQL, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB
- Knowledge of Oracle applications, including eBusiness Suite and Flexcube
- Knowledge of automation, including use of Ansible
- Experience of database container (CDB) and pluggable (PDB) database administration, snapshot and clone management, etc.
- Award of Oracle certifications
A fantastic opportunity for a progressive career move to learn so much and help to make a difference. Contact us now and join this exciting Innovative Global Team – email: