Role: Senior Technical Consultant, Payment Solutions
Based: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary: £65K-£70K plus bonus & excellent pension & flex benefits
URGENT – INTERVIEWING NOW
An excellent opportunity to join this fast-moving innovative Professional Services, Payments Consultancy. Technology platforms are changing fast with Compliance driving change as well as customer demands in etail, retail and Multichannel needs for larger Enterprise. This is a challenging opportunity to take full life cycle and scope out the mix of products needed to create the right solution for the customer.
You will work with Presales to take the recommendations and potential SOW, articulate this with the customers’ Team and agree on the delivery and Project timescales etc.
This is a “hands on” Technical Consulting role and you will work with the Project Manager on larger project roll out and sometimes, be the PM yourself, as needed. “Hand on” Integration skills for installation and configuration in the secure payment solutions.
This will include working with the architects on solution design, implementation needs, organising testing and pre-installation checks and associated advice needs on Payment Solutions delivery for various on premise and hosted services for off-line Clients, Merchants & Acquirers. This will include training on the various end to end solutions to be implemented and integrated to the Clients applications on the wider Payments & Customer interaction solutions & security that are needed in today’s challenging retail markets.
The role involves technical hands-on installation, configuration and testing of all Multichannel Payments solutions utilising numerous customer interaction devices (e.g. POS, PED, Internet Shopping and Mobile) through to a processing engine and transmittal to an Acquirer and/or API scheme. This also involves awareness of security measures both in terms of data and procedures to protect customer data.
• Understand the client’s payment propositions in order to best apply them to a Client’s business needs
• Work on successful initiation, delivery and completion of assignments acting as a Client’s technical point of contact for the duration of the project.
• Articulate Client’s requirements, into a functional specification document and subsequent technical notes.
• Assist with delivery of an assignment including initiating contact with the Client taking responsibility for assignment planning, working in a SOAP & REST environment for integration purposes.
• Understand to a technical level the interfaces of the products and services and discuss these with clients and prospects at a high level as well as troubleshoot and educate clients to a low level & arrange training etc.
• Work with Test and Production on pre-build for the portfolio of gateway projects
• Create and deliver Workshops for the Clients both pre delivery discovery and on-boarding
• Contribute to outstanding Client satisfaction acting as a point of escalation where appropriate.
• Demonstrate market knowledge including current trends and competitor offerings in secure payment gateways, card present and card, not present etc.
• Ownership of technical relationship through the project lifecycle
• This role could be progression for a Payment Implementation Consultant looking for an exciting new challenge and more complex solutions.
• Excellent Client facing experience of scoping and arranging kick off for Project roll out delivery meetings and managing with the Project Manager through full project and delivery life cycle and customer sign off experience.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic to learn from a software vendor point of view, work with Development & Product Management as well as the Technical Product Owners and Test Engineers etc.
• Analytical thinking with attention to detail with Commercial acumen to articulate into functional design and spec requirements and API needs for the Technical Team to delivery cutting edge multichannel technology platforms on premise or with Cloud Services, Click and Collect, Call centre solutions and much more
• Excellent customer facing written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentations and white boarding to present ideas and technical structure etc.
• Good knowledge of the Payment Card Industry needs
• Knowledge of the payment solutions and their commercial application accreditations and regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards, PCI DSS
• Experience of EMV specifications
• Good knowledge of the European Payment Providers & Global payment on-line needs
• Educated to technical degree level, MSc or with equivalent experience
• Good technical operating systems experience: Windows, Unix or Linux
• Technical experience with any payments’ companies such as: Visa, Worldpay, Wirecard, Paypal, Verifone, Vocalink, Paymentsense, American Express, Diners Club AI Corp, Adyen, Elavon, Wincor Nixdorf or any other Secure Payment Gateway solutions Companies.
Below is just a Wish List of knowledge that could be relevant as a platform to build upon:
• PCI: DSS
• Payment Industry Rules
• Payment Flows (Payment Card Processing)
• Transaction Types (Keyed, Swiped, ICC, Contactless, Card Not Present)
• Transaction Environments (Sales, Reversals, Refunds, PWCB, Continuous Authority/Recurring, E-commerce, MOTO, etc.)
• Card Types (Visa Credit, Visa Debit, Visa Purchasing, MasterCard Credit, MasterCard Debit, MasterCard Purchasing, Maestro, JCB, Amex, Amex Purchasing/CPC, Diners, etc.)
• Purchasing (VGIS, VAT, etc.)
• MOTO (CV2/AVS Processing)
• APACS Standards (30, 29, 29b, 70, etc.)
• EMV (level 1/2, PEDs, P2PE, etc.)
• E-Commerce (VBV, MSC, SafeKey, J-Secure)
As this is opportunity with an exciting Professional Services Practice, there will be some travel required to Client sites and sharing best practice with Head Offices etc.